[K12OSN] Off Topic - Computer Kits

Daniel Kuecker kueckerd at shenandoah.k12.ia.us
Wed Jul 18 15:56:23 UTC 2007

Well, these systems need to run vista. they will not be used for anything other than teaching how to build a PC. It is a dual credit course with the local college, so I need to have some newer stuff.

Thanks,
Daniel

Ray Garza wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 July 2007 10:18:15 am Daniel Kuecker wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if there were any reccomendations as to a good place to get
>> computer kits for students? they will be taking a class called PC Repair
>> and they will be assembling computers. I need to have a kit that they can
>> build, but i needs to run vista and below. Any input would be greatly
>> appreciated!
>>
>> Thanks
>> Daniel

> Well, you can buy barebones systems (newegg.com) or you can use any
> NON-CRITICAL computers you have now and tear them down and rebuild them. You
> can also use some older computers that use some of the older technology so
> that they are familiar with them as well as the latest and greatest.
>
> Ray

Will the PC repair class be making the computers they use available for
students that don't have a computer?  If so, why not put the word out to
the local media that folks need to drop off their older computers when
they upgrade to newer?
Tom