Re: [K12OSN] Off Topic - Computer Kits

On 7/18/07, Eric Brown <ericbrow gmail com> wrote:

I'm reluctant to go through tiger direct as I have heard nightmare
stories about people trying to return non-working items.

Like me. I bought a couple of SFF computers from TigerDirect, and when
they wouldn't start my only recourse was to contact the manufacturer
(who never responded to email OR phone calls). So I ate the $600, and
salvaged the CPUs and RAM for other systems.

I second the vote for Geeks.com, and also recommend www.surpluscomputers.com

Calvin