Re: [K12OSN] Getting eMacs to boot.

Jon Harder wrote:

Jim Kronebusch wrote
Is there a way to set up SCREEN_02 so I can alt-f2 or ctrl-alt-f2 to
a shell window while startx is running in the other one? Or is there a way
of firing off startx so it tries once and exits?  I'm not sure where
I would look to see if anything useful is being logged. Further
suggestions would be appreciated.

In lts.conf set:
SCREEN_01=startx
SCREEN_02=shell

Then you can ctrl-alt-f2 to get a shell while the default screen_01 is starting x.

This works, but I also need to add:

  2:3:respawn:/bin/startsess tty2 /bin/bash --login

to the inittab file.

I only needed to uncomment SCREEN_02=shell (I'm on K12LTSP 5EL) and it worked.

Nils Breunese.