Re: [K12OSN] Re: Open Source library Software

Bryant,
Did you ever address the problem of barcodes with marc import in
Openbiblio? Most library software doesn't mind embedding the barcodes
in the marc record.    Apparently not so with Openbiblio.  It sees
barcode as something different from marc.   I myself, with the help
myphpadmdin, was able to extract all barcodes from the marc and import
them again as barcodes.  (unfortunately i lost my notes on this so
...) I was thinking that I had solved the problem of barcodes but as
it turns out school libraries often do bulk imports when they receive
shipments of say 200-300 books.  Marc records are purchased and are
imported in one file.  It's not reasonable for a librarian to have to
enter the barcodes manually i think.  Just thought i'd share my
experience and seif you or anyone else has a solution. Or maybe somone
could recommend library software for elementary schools (ie. not
KOHA).

Thanks,
Peter