[K12OSN] need some K12LTSP 5.0EL advice

Are the current K12LTSP 5.0EL isos final (not beta)?

If so I would like to move from K12LTSP 5.0.0 to 5.0EL.  I have one server with about 90 active user accounts.  I would like to set up my disks to a RAID 1 configuration and do a fresh install.  I have a USB hard drive that I can copy the home directories to.

What I need to know is how to copy the user account information to the USB drive so that when I rebuild the server I can transfer the accounts information back and not have to set up new accounts.

In setting up RAID 1 do I need to create a swap partition?  I had problems with this in the original install of 5.0.0.  The server is a 2.8 GHz Pentium D with 2 GB RAM.  I have 20 terminals and run GNOME.  Can I live without the swap space?  I also plan install to install squid, dansguardian and pykota.

Is there a list of the major software included with 5.0EL?

Thank you,
Jim Anderson