Re: [K12OSN] BitTorrent tracker for K12LTSP 5.0EL

On 7/25/07, "Terrell Prudé Jr." <microman cmosnetworks com> wrote:

I just set up a (hopefully working!) tracker at home with Azureus for
K12LTSP 5.0EL (the CentOS 5.0-based version).  The location of the .torrent
file is

http://www.cmosnetworks.com/K12LTSP-5.0EL.torrent

This is the first time I've set up a torrent.  Could someone please give it
a shot and tell me if it works?

And if it does work, keep those seeds running!  Is there a particular
reason this form of distribution isn't regularly used?

I know about rsync -p and wget and other resumeable options, just
curious if there's a particular rationale behind no "official"
.torrent.

-dhbarr.