Re: [K12OSN] Quick Question about Swap partitions

On 25/07/07, Jim Kronebusch <jim winonacotter org> wrote:
> You can run large RAM machines with no swap. By large RAM I mean 2GB and
> up. After 1GB of RAM, swap is nearly useless anyway.
>
> Besides saying "I have a machine with 32GB of SWAP" doesn't sound as
> cool as "I have a machine with 32GB or RAM". :}
>
> If you _really_ want to go "hardcore" make a 2GB ramdisk and use that
> for swap!

Thanks for the info.

Jim, if you are trying to do that then it may be even more interesting
to see if / or parts of / containing most of the programs (/usr?)
could be pivot mounted on to ramdisk The system response would go up
like anything. Would be interesting to get comments on that.
--
Regards,
Sudev Barar