Re: [K12OSN] BitTorrent tracker for K12LTSP 5.0EL

David H. Barr wrote:
On 7/25/07, "Terrell Prudé Jr." <microman cmosnetworks com> wrote:

I just set up a (hopefully working!) tracker at home with Azureus for
K12LTSP 5.0EL (the CentOS 5.0-based version). The location of the .torrent
file is

http://www.cmosnetworks.com/K12LTSP-5.0EL.torrent

This is the first time I've set up a torrent. Could someone please give it
a shot and tell me if it works?

And if it does work, keep those seeds running!  Is there a particular
reason this form of distribution isn't regularly used?

I know about rsync -p and wget and other resumeable options, just
curious if there's a particular rationale behind no "official"
.torrent.

-dhbarr.

IT WORKS! I just tested it from a friend's cable modem. Had to make an adjustment or two to my tracker, but it does indeed work. It is the latest K12LTSP 5.0EL rsync as of last night. There are currently two seeds--both of them mine.

This will save bandwidth on k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us (Eric's server), so please use the torrent if you can.

--TP