[K12OSN] BitTorrent tracker for K12LTSP 5.0EL

Terrell Prude' Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Fri Jul 27 21:32:06 UTC 2007

David H. Barr wrote:
> On 7/25/07, "Terrell Prudé Jr." <microman at cmosnetworks.com> wrote:
>
>> I just set up a (hopefully working!) tracker at home with Azureus for
>> K12LTSP 5.0EL (the CentOS 5.0-based version).  The location of the
>> .torrent
>> file is
>>
>> http://www.cmosnetworks.com/K12LTSP-5.0EL.torrent
>>
>> This is the first time I've set up a torrent.  Could someone please
>> give it
>> a shot and tell me if it works?
>
> And if it does work, keep those seeds running!  Is there a particular
> reason this form of distribution isn't regularly used?
>
> I know about rsync -p and wget and other resumeable options, just
> curious if there's a particular rationale behind no "official"
> .torrent.
>
> -dhbarr.

IT WORKS!  I just tested it from a friend's cable modem.  Had to make an
adjustment or two to my tracker, but it does indeed work.  It is the
latest K12LTSP 5.0EL rsync as of last night.  There are currently two
seeds--both of them mine.

This will save bandwidth on k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us (Eric's server), so
please use the torrent if you can.

--TP