[K12OSN] AD authentification, what is the best way?

Chandler Blum cblum at newburyport.k12.ma.us
Mon Jul 30 12:41:17 UTC 2007

Make sure that when you setup your home directory shares you share out
each user's folder and not just a top level folder. Samba cannot mount a
folder inside the share, it can only mount the share itself.

So in our case we share out E:\Users and inside the users folder we have
each users home directory. In windows thats not a problem but in Samba
it is. We would need to share out E:\Users\User1, E:\Users\User2, etc,
etc, for it to work.

Just something to watch out for.

By the way, if anyone knows of a way to get samba to mount a folder
within a share let me know :D