[K12OSN] OT: Connecting Firewall to DSL/PPPoE device via VLAN

I’ve got a new G.SHDSL  connection.  I let them install it at the demarcation point for the phones and then connected it via VLAN across my network to my firewall.  I’ve got a few “issues”  that seem to be happening… it seems to be a MTU issue.  I’ve currently got 1500 MTU on the ethernet (eth1) on the firewall that is used to connect via PPPoE.  The ppp0 connection (does not have a set default MTU via ADSL client config in Webmin).  If I put a 1492 MTU limit on the ppp0 connection, it can’t authenticate.  Any suggestions?  I can’t download ISO images from K12LTSP, some users’s can’t log into hotmail… and pings of higher data values (ping –s 1472 www.dslreports.com) actually get lost.

Henry