[K12OSN] k12ltsp 5 EL install error

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Jun 8 20:55:08 UTC 2007

Ray Garza wrote:

>> Ok, I checked the md5sums and they check out fine for disc1 and all the
>> rest of the iso's.
>>
> ok this time I did a custom install and unselected the vim-enhanced from the
> list of Editors and tried to install that way but now it can't find
> slrm-0.9.8.1pl1-1.2.2.i386.rpm. It never asks for disc2
>
> seems to be hosed in some way. maybe I'll d/l the dvd and try to install it
> that way.

If you have another machine set up as an NFS server it is quick and easy
to download/copy the iso images to a directory there, then boot the
first install CD with 'linux askmethod' at the boot prompt, then pick
nfs image as the method and fill in the server and path to the
directory.  The installer will do all the magic of loopback mounting the
images as needed so you don't have to wait around to swap disks after it
is started.

Also, sometimes it helps to burn CDs at a slower speed if you have to do
it that way.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com