[K12OSN] OT: grub error 28: Selected item cannot fit into memory

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Sun Jun 10 17:05:06 UTC 2007

I've tried installing Debian Etch and CentOS 5 on an old P3 I just
picked up.  Both give me the same error immediately after the
bootloader:

Error 28:  Selected item cannot fit into memory

I've googled and I understand a little bit about the error, but I don't
understand why I'm getting it.  Does anybody know a fix or a workaround?
It seems odd that I can boot from the installation CDs fine, but the
very same systems cannot boot once installed to the hard drive.

-Rob