[K12OSN] State of Centos Based k12ltsp

Brian Chivers brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Mon Jun 11 08:47:41 UTC 2007

I've about to setup a k12ltsp box to have play with but I'd like to use the version based on CentOS
to keep in line with all out other servers. Looking on

ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/5.0.0-EL-32bit/iso

It would appear that these are based on CentOS 5 but file names of

  K12LTSP-5.0.0EL-32bit-TEST4-disc1.iso

worry me slightly, well the TEST4 bit actually :-)

Is it OK to install these on a server that might be used in anger by students or would it be better
to stick with the older version ??

Thanks
Brian Chivers
Portsmouth College