[K12OSN] spamalot is a pain but is a valid service...

Paul Nelson pnelson.k12 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 20:50:28 UTC 2007

It looks like this is a valid spam filtering service.
https://secure.spamalotless.co.uk/index.html
Contact: info at spamalotless.com

You build a white list of addresses you're willing to accept messages
from. Someone on the list must have joined the service. When a post is
made to the list, the sender gets a message from spamalotless with
instructions to be added to the white list.

What a pain...

This is an open source project:
http://thelifeofwellness.com/sall.html
Contact: admin at softwaredesign.co.uk

The glaring problem with this configuration is that you have no idea
who the email was sent to.  So when someone with this service joins a
listserv, it just makes everyone mad and we'll all add the company to
our anti-spam list.

Pull trigger, shoot yourself in foot. End project.

I don't know that I can do anything about this from the K12OSN list
admin end as all we see is the email addresses of the users. This
address does not show up in the mail from spamalotless.

The only suggestion I can make is to universally add spamalotless.com
to your spam filters. The mail server the message comes from is:
sduk.eliteukserve.net

There are better ways to deal with spam. This is not one of them
because of the pain in the neck factor.

Any other ideas?

Paul