[K12OSN] Dell Optiplex 320 problems

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Tue Jun 12 11:26:04 UTC 2007

Tom,

The Dell's have very strange problems with IRQ sharing. I wrangled with
severel flavors of the older Dell Optiplex's( even those this machine is
not "real" old). This has been sometime back,but what I did do on a few of
them( just to see if I could make them PXE boot) was to flash them with
just a generic bios AKA: whatever chipset the motherboard was, and get
away from the Dell proprietary bios. It s a lot of work though. I never
could get some of the optiplexs to boot correctly,coming up to the same
error as you have mentioned here,or something similar.
This is not much help ,I know, but you aren't the only one that has had
this prob with Dell's.

Take Care,

Barry Cisna