[K12OSN] Linux lab disassembled and packed in less than 40 mins! See the movie!

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Thu Jun 14 19:46:08 UTC 2007

This was fun!  Being as lazy as I am...I find it helpful to enlist student
labor whenever possible.  We did this last year, but this year the kids
had already done it once before...so they knew what to do.  My UA 7th
graders sprang into action and disassembled my entire 22 unit computer lab
(the Linux thin-client lab) in less than 40 minutes!  They took it
apart...pulled cords...unplugged all network cables...cleaned all the
monitors and thin-clients...packed the boxes....labelled the
boxes....vacuumed part of the floor...cleaned the computer tables...and
stacked them (for carpet cleaning)....in less than 40 mins!  I'm so proud
of them!  They were giving each other high-fives when they finished.
Friday and Monday we're going to attack the rest of the school.  I blogged
about it and posted a Youtube video on my blog...check it out!

http://dtrask.wordpress.com/

I tell ya'....thin-clients are a lot easier to maintain!

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcsvikings.org