[K12OSN] Re: Devanagari (Sanskrit/Hindi) font and keyboard layout

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 21:10:38 UTC 2007

Replying to my own question in case it is useful for someone.

Using devanagari keyboard layout is not adequate because it does not
allow you to create the combined consonant forms. To to that SCIM
using itrans is required. This is very easy to do. Just follow the
instructions on this webpage.

http://www.ruturaj.net/fedora-6-hindi-support-scim

Basically you just do yum group-install hindi then setup SCIM how you want it.