[K12OSN] k12ltsp 7.0 beta #3

Jesse McDonnell jessemcdonnell at verizon.net
Mon Jun 18 10:56:43 UTC 2007

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 12:52:00 -0700
Eric Harrison <eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us> wrote:

> I uploaded K12LTSP 7.0 beta #3 ISOs. There are only 32bit ISOs at the
> moment, the 64bit ones are building right now and should be uploaded by
> tomorrow.
>
> These ISOs include a number of installer patches and it installs a newer
> kernel. If you had trouble installing the earlier builds, give this one
> a spin & let me know how it goes.

Eric,

I did an nfs install on a spare pc and it went without a hitch. The box is an Athlon 3500+ with 4G ram (recognized 3.5G), onboard Marvell Yukon Gig Nic, onboard nvida geforce 6100/nforce 405 video, and onboard nvidia mcp61 sound - everything worked right away. Smooth! Looks great! Didn't time it but it was fast - less than fifteen minutes to install everything but the web developer packages.

Installed the flash 9 upgrade and had sound on the server right away. Got the Realplayer addon but had to install the compat-libstdc++-33 package to get realplayer working.

Unplugged my existing server from the network and my Jammin 150e booted from new install right away. It's fast and looks great. Didn't have sound and didn't have time to work on it - father cannot spend all the day playing on Father's Day ;)

Kudos and Thanks to Eric, Jim, and the rest of the developers!

Jesse

PS: Any problems in rerunning the post-installation configuration script and where is it located? I couldn't send my hardware configuarion to the FC7 folks first time around - eth0 didn't come up since the 0.254 IP address was already in use by my existing server.