[K12OSN] Getting eMacs to boot.

Jon Harder linuxk12 at mountainlake.k12.mn.us
Mon Jun 18 20:43:31 UTC 2007

I've discovered a little more about my non-booting eMac. These are
the log entries on the server:

  server mountd[2333]: authenticated mount request from ws251.ltsp:643 for /opt/ltsp/ppc (/opt/ltsp/ppc)
  ws251 syslogd started: BusyBox v0.60.4 (2003.12.29-08:21+0000)
  ws251 init: Entering runlevel: 5

After some time I would get a whole series of these:

  ws251 init: Id "s3" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

for the s3 and above screens. I commented all but one of the screen lines
out of the inittab tab file and it no longer complains about the respawning.

At this stage I can ping the terminal, but don't really know what state
it is in otherwise. The screen is black.  I tried switching the terminal's
default runlevel to three and then boot, but the result is the same
(except the log indicates it has entered runlevel 3).

Is there a way for me to trace more precisely where the problem is occuring?

--
Jon Harder
Mountain Lake, MN