[K12OSN] Custom menus?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Jun 19 18:44:28 UTC 2007

This isn't specifically a k12ltsp question, but someone may have an
interesting technique so I'll ask here anyway.   I'd like to set up a
menu system that scales to a large number of choices and can be easily
modified - and it should be usable by a group of users, but not
necessarily all users on the machine. The first use will be to allow
quickly ssh'ing to a large number of other machines arranged in groups
but it will likely expand to several other operations and vnc/rdesktop
connections as well.

I could do a mac-like applications folder with launchers in the
filesystem for every operation and symlink that into everyone's desktop
but that seems a little cumbersome.  Are there better approaches?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com