[K12OSN] DHCP and different LTSP distros

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Jun 27 14:22:10 UTC 2007

Mella wrote:
>> /From/: "James P. Kinney III"
>> Make sure that tftpd in turned on in /etc/xinetd.d/tftpd on the Centos
>
> Why? I wish run only DHCP server on Centos. I prefer leave TFTP servers
> in LTS. It mean, every LTS have its own TFTP server.
> It needed when i wish put different LTS distros (Xubuntu, EL, FC) into
> same network and different distros have different remote boot files.
>
> Looks, nobody here not using different distros or do not have prablems
> with it.

I've had it working, both with the DHCP server sending all boot requests
to a newer server and with a specific hardware address set to boot from
a non-default server but it has been a while and I'm out of the office
for a week so I can't test anything now.  I think there is some quirk
regarding the difference between the etherboot and PXE filenames that
you need to work around and the easy way might be to copy the boot files
to the same server.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com