[K12OSN] nfs: server not responding, still trying

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Sat Jun 30 15:55:44 UTC 2007

I wrote:

> I just installed K12LTSP 5 EL (the CentOS based distribution) on a
> Dell PowerEdge 2900. The clients are network booting, but seem to
> hang at "nfs: server 10.0.0.254 not responding, still trying". The
> NFS service is running on the server as far as I can see. I even
> disabled the firewall, but still no luck. I hopped on #ltsp, but no
> one seemed to awake (I'm in Europe).
>
> Does anyone have any idea?

I'm trying to do a single NIC install by the way. I looked at the
files mentioned here: <http://k12ltsp.org/install.html#single_card>,
but I didn't see anything that looked like it needed to be changed.
The instructions say they're for K12LTSP4, so maybe there is no need
anymore to change these files? Or is there something I need to do
before a single NIC install will work?

Nils Breunese.