Re: [K12OSN] CPU vs. RAM for two users

Athlons are considerably faster than P4's, clock for clock. I'd say, of your two choices, go with the Athlon in this case.

--TP

ssh tranquility net wrote:
Thanks for the tip, Terrell, I knew they were about the same speed-wise
(I looked up the 1.8 ghz speed after I posted). You guys who do this on
a larger scale will know more abt the CPU's than I.
One thing I forgot to mention, the I/O and disks will remain basically
the same, just basically changing MOBO/CPU beneath it. Since the
existing one is 4.4.x this would be an excellent time to upgrade as
well! I have spare disks, so I will probably set up the new one, create
the basic users and then copy the /home and custom configs to the new
one.

thx
Scott S.