[K12OSN] v6 Questions

Steven Santos steven at simplycircus.com
Fri Jun 1 13:47:07 UTC 2007

> Hi,
>
> I'm investigating K12LTSP and have a few questions:

Others will chime in with more authoritive answers, but...

> 1. Does v6 include FreeNX preconfigured? This would be great as I'd like
> to provide web browser access to remote desktops for my users.

I do not think its pre configured, but I know at least a few are running it,
and they are usually more than happy to help others get it up and running.

> 2. Does the Terminal Server profile include DHCP, DNS, and LDAP
> preconfigured? This wouldn't be so good as the network this server will
> be placed in already has these services in place and I don't want to
> bring the network down when I setup the server.

Yes, it does, but only for the private side of the network (where the
terminals usually go), not for the public side (where these services usually
reside)

On the LDAP side K12LTSP has a wonderful script for adding LDAP to a setup.

> 3. Is KDE or Xfce available as a default desktop?

Yes.

> 4. Is anyone using fibre-channel SANs with K12LTSP?

I don't know if anyone on this list is, but I know of more than a few that
use it with FC, which K12LTSP is based on.