[K12OSN] vmware images..
mrjohnlucas at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 12:41:59 UTC 2007
On Friday 01 June 2007 12:32, Huck wrote:
> anyone know how to package them up for distribution?
> I've about completed a vanilla Koha 2.2.9 install...
> but am unsure of how to make the virtual machine available.
> create'n it in vmware server
One trick is to keep the size of the VM as small as possible. So here are some
steps to take to make it small:
- use the smallest virtual disk that is practical
- don't pre-allocate disks
- keep installation sizes as small as practical
- install VMWare Tools (for disk shrinking)
- shrink the virtual disk prior to archiving (in order):
- in VMWare Server: select VM and then: Edit/Hard Disk/Defragment
- in VM run vmware-toolbox and shrink the drive
- In order of compression effectiveness, use one of these:
- zip archive
- gzipped tarball
- bzip2ed tarball
The regular zip archives are the most portable. All archiving performed with
the VM turned off.
"History doesn't repeat itself; at best it rhymes."
- Mark Twain
| John Lucas MrJohnLucas at gmail.com |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802 http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/ |
| 18.3°N, 65°W AST (UTC-4) |
More information about the K12OSN