[K12OSN] Is This A Usable Thin Client For LTSP?

Bob Hill thebobhill at mail.com
Sat Jun 2 15:36:19 UTC 2007

Hello group,

Would anyone care to comment on whether or not this thin client
described below could work well for LTSP?  I believe the system has a
32MB DOM.  I am inexperienced with DOM's and thin client only
machines.  Could the etherboot script be placed there?

Thanks for any comments.

Bob Hill

The Optoma ST320 is an easy way to deliver server based applications
locally or remotely.
No more Bios configuration problems, incorrect drivers or mechanical
failures. Everything
is ready to go straight out of the box.

Thin Client terminals can be set-up with custom configurations, before
they reach the end user.
Once in place, the OptoViewTM Remote Management software ensures peak
performance from
your network configuration.*

In fact this unit will plug right into your network and can be used as a
web browsing terminal immediately!

_Specifications_

_Operating System_
*Windows CE4.2 O/S & Integrated I.E. Browser Standard Package
Supports RDP/ICA and Secure ICA w Thin Client Terminal
w Universal Power Supply
Remote Configuration and Management w PS/2 Mouse
Image/BIOS Upgrade over FTP/TFTP w Quick Start Card

*_Hardware_
*NS Geode GX-1 300/333MHz C.P.U.
SDRAM (SO-DIMM) 64MB
Flash Memory 32MB Keyboard Locales*