[K12OSN] general acceptance of k12ltsp in schools

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Mon Jun 4 12:56:12 UTC 2007

Hello All,

 I've posted this same question about once a year , in the past,( Since
first version of K12LTSP) just wondering what the general outlook or
thoughts are of teachers, School administrators, students,in regards to
how k12ltsp ,is being accepted. Id like to know from the sysadmins,
network gurus( trenchpeople like me ) point of view.
Throw in your 2 cents to let others see how their school compares to
everyone else's in this scenario.
As I stated before it appears to be a matter of IF the Superintendent is
"open minded" enough to at least take a look at altenatives to MS$. Our
Super that was at this school was very much so. Super, changed,Now things
are not that way,,,:(...
" It's a Microsoft world out there, whether you like it or not". Enough
said,,,:(.
Bummer.
The best statement I heard was from a poster a couple years ago, that said
." These people are frustrated with the system they have , and they will
continue to be frustrated with the system they have, until they are
willing to embrace new ideas on school network systems". Enough
said,again.
As I've stated before, I guess the way to look at this thought process is
the postive. =Job security, MS$ = virused up,,filesystems going down,HD's
dying,spend,spend $$$ ,etc :).

Take Care

Barry Cisna