[K12OSN] [Likely OT] Getting sound working

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 14:33:27 UTC 2007

I am trying to tweak my laptop (HP Pavillion tx1000) to get sound
working. The results of trying so far have been:

1. Tried with Debian Etch / Ubuntu 7.04
2. The sound module that is loaded is snd-hda-intel
3. On boot the sound system does not star0 and the mute
button-cum-indicator turn orange.
4. If I blacklist the module snd-hda-intel then I am able to try with
various additional options by adding option snd-hda-intel model=?????
in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base This allows me to boot without loading
any sound modules without the mute button going orange till I actually
load the module with modprobe command.
5. I have not been able to find exact option that will work. Have
tried 3stack 3stack-dig hp auto etc.

What further areas I should be looking at? If needed I can post
outputs from lsmod lspci etc. I am trying to google and search high
and low for any one having working solution to this. I thought
collective wisdom on this list may give me some pointers.

TIA

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar