Re: [K12OSN] Reasons to Use LVM

Mark Trimble wrote:

I'm running Compaq hardware RAIDs and was wondering if there's any compelling reasons to use LVM in my K12LTSP v6 installation. I've used LVM in the past on Debian/Skolelinux installations and then it only seemed to complicate hard disk administration without offering any apparent benefits.

See chapter 2 of the LVM HOWTO for LVM's benefits: <http://tldp.org/ HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/>

Nils Breunese.