Re: [K12OSN] more Flash 9 no sound

Is non-flash sound working?  e.g., do you hear something if you run

/usr/bin/esdplay /usr/share/sounds/phone.wav

On my K12LTSP 5 box (for which I wrote the wiki page you mention) I, too, do not have PulseAudio listed under System->Preferences->Sound, so I don't think that is necessarily a bad sign.

Peter

Ray Garza wrote:
Ok, I've been beating on this for sometime now but still come up short. This is what I got:

Dell PowerEdge 2950 (NO SOUND CARD)
K12LTSP 6.0
LTSP 4.2 update 3
Firefox 1.5
Flash 9

This is what I've done so far:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/symbiont/LTSP-esd-alsa_1.0.0-2.tgz?use_mirror=osdn
http://k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/Flash_9_Sound_under_K12LTSP_5
mkdir /tmp/.esd
touch /tmp/.esd/socket

Rebooted and tried on a terminal, no luck. The second link is suppose to install PulseAudio but when I go System-->Preference-->sound it is not listed in there. What is listed is:
ALSA
ESD
OSS

PulseAudio not being loaded? Any thoughts? I checked /var/log/messages and dmesg but really didn't find anything.

Schools out and the kids are really wanting to get on and start playing...

Ray