Re: [K12OSN] Thinking about virtualization

Rob Owens wrote:

That's a pretty reliable server you've got running there.  I had one
machine that was over 300 days, but a power failure rebooted it (it was
plugged directly into the wall all that time).

This one has a dual power supply on 2 different UPS systems, one backed up by generator power. It's an old IBM Netfinity (about a PIII, 800) and had been around a while before the long uptime started the but the funny thing is that it was a closeout special from TigerDirect back when they used to do that sort of thing and cost about $800 plus some 3rd party RAM and drives. I got several at the same time and most but not all would still run. A PIII is barely worth the trouble as a server these days though, so most have been replaced.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com