[K12OSN] torrent

John Lucas mrjohnlucas at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 12:08:02 UTC 2007

On Friday 27 October 2006 21:29, Sonny To wrote:
> are the iso available as torrents? My internet connection is
> unreliable and with http I have to start downloading all over again.

You can use "wget" with the "continue" flag (-c) to restart your download with
http or ftp without having to start over. I run it in the background:

	nohup wget -c -q <URL> &

With the "nohup" command I can log out and leave the download running. Works
from cron jobs for unattended off-peak (i.e. overnight) downloads too.

                        - Mark Twain

| John Lucas                          MrJohnLucas at gmail.com               |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802                http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/ |
| 18.3°N, 65°W                        AST (UTC-4)                         |