[K12OSN] School Tool in active use?

Hello, just wondering if anyone is using School Tool actively, real-life,
daily. Is it ready enough? Currently our school has been trying to use
MIG-SIRS and I'm wondering if there is a better, cheaper option. School
Tool is the one that comes with K12LTSP, but from their site it looks like
it's still under heavy development.

Anyone out there have any experience with SIRS?

Regards,
Tom Wolfe