Re: [K12OSN] School Tool in active use?

On 6/7/07, Tom Wolfe <twolfe sawback com> wrote:
Hello, just wondering if anyone is using School Tool actively, real-life,
daily. Is it ready enough? Currently our school has been trying to use
MIG-SIRS and I'm wondering if there is a better, cheaper option. School
Tool is the one that comes with K12LTSP, but from their site it looks like
it's still under heavy development.

SchoolTool will be tested in real schools this fall, but it is not
quite ready for general use.

CanDo, an application for competency tracking based on SchoolTool, was
used in the Arlington (VA) Career Center this year and will be tested
across Virginia next year, but it also is not really at the stage
where you can just download it and hit the ground running.

Yes, it feels like this process has been painfully slow... hopefully
it will all pay off eventually ;-)

Tom Hoffman
SchoolTool Project Manager