Re: [K12OSN] k12ltsp 5 EL install error

Ray Garza wrote:

Ok, I checked the md5sums and they check out fine for disc1 and all the
rest of the iso's.

ok this time I did a custom install and unselected the vim-enhanced from the list of Editors and tried to install that way but now it can't find slrm-0.9.8.1pl1-1.2.2.i386.rpm. It never asks for disc2

seems to be hosed in some way. maybe I'll d/l the dvd and try to install it that way.

If you have another machine set up as an NFS server it is quick and easy to download/copy the iso images to a directory there, then boot the first install CD with 'linux askmethod' at the boot prompt, then pick nfs image as the method and fill in the server and path to the directory. The installer will do all the magic of loopback mounting the images as needed so you don't have to wait around to swap disks after it is started.

Also, sometimes it helps to burn CDs at a slower speed if you have to do it that way.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com