Re: [K12OSN] a single user's hosed desktop

or you just backup the DATA that she needs...and delete the use and recreate the user.

then restore the DATA

--Huck

Carl Keil wrote:
Hi Folks,

I have one user who's "desktop" settings are completely hosed. Her applications menus are gone, some of her applications won't launch when they will for other users, even her terminal (which only I use in her account, for troubleshooting) is acting really strange. I can't describe the terminal problems too well. Strange characters when I type, can't backspace, can't copy and/or paste., etc. She's my one user who insists on using KDE btw. My question, is there anyway to wholesale restore her defaults? This person is the main user of the thin clients, she has a ton of work, bookmarks, etc. I can't lose any of that stuff. I do have backups in case something goes wrong. I'm thinking of just creating a new user account for her and moving her files over, but it will be hard to get all her preferences, etc.

This is K12LTSP 5, in a household environment.

Thanks for any ideas.

ck