[K12OSN] Open Office

Jim Anderson gotthin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 18:48:53 UTC 2007

I would recommend the OpenCD.  It contains a collection of Open Source
programs for Windows.

http://www.theopencd.org/

The OpenCD includes current versions of OpenOffice.org 2.2, Scribus (desktop
publishing), and PDF Creator, among others.  If you standardize on PDF for
submissions you will bot have any compatibility problems.  A student could
"print" a MS Publisher file or a Docx or Works file to PDF using PDF
Creator.  OpenOffice and Scribus both offer native PDF export.

Jim Anderson