Re: [K12OSN] OT: grub error 28: Selected item cannot fit into memory

Rob Owens wrote:
I've tried installing Debian Etch and CentOS 5 on an old P3 I just
picked up.  Both give me the same error immediately after the
bootloader:

So, we know it's an old P3, but you didn't tell us anything about how much RAM you have in that machine. Based on the error you are getting, it seems like the amount of ram has something to do with it.

Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org

Error 28:  Selected item cannot fit into memory

I've googled and I understand a little bit about the error, but I don't
understand why I'm getting it.  Does anybody know a fix or a workaround?
It seems odd that I can boot from the installation CDs fine, but the
very same systems cannot boot once installed to the hard drive.

-Rob