[K12OSN] squid error

I am trying to use squid and squidGuard with K12LTSP v.5 but I keep getting this error when in Services:

squid is stopped
squid: ERROR: No running copy

I've installed and re-installed squid a number of times, but no luck.  Any help would be appreciated.  Once I get squid and squidGuard running on K12LTSP do I have to do anything to have the browsers point to the proxy?

Also can someone point me to documention for using squid and squidGuard (and DansGuardian).  I am interested in finding a simple way to display the result/log files.

Thank you,
Jim Anderson