Re: [K12OSN] State of Centos Based k12ltsp

Brian Chivers wrote:

I've about to setup a k12ltsp box to have play with but I'd like to use the version based on CentOS to keep in line with all out other servers. Looking on

ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/5.0.0-EL-32bit/iso

It would appear that these are based on CentOS 5 but file names of

 K12LTSP-5.0.0EL-32bit-TEST4-disc1.iso

worry me slightly, well the TEST4 bit actually :-)

Is it OK to install these on a server that might be used in anger by students or would it be better to stick with the older version ??

It is what it says it is: the fourth test version. There will probably be a final release in a couple of weeks. If you really need to setup a server *now* I'd go with the previous version (and upgrade it later using the final release).

Nils Breunese.