[K12OSN] Re: ebox 2300

I can't recall offhand exactly what I did to get sound working, but I don't think it was anything special. I don't see any specific settings for it in dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf nor in lts.conf. You may need to install Gideon Romm's esd-ALSA sound package at http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/WorkInProgress#esd_ALSA_sound_on_LTSP_4_2

I'm offsite from where the 2300 is at the moment. I'll try to have a look at it tonight and let you know what I find.

BTW, you'll get a faster and probably better quality answer if you send questions like this to the K12LTSP mailing list (k12osn redhat com), where multiple people can respond. I don't mind such questions, but I'm just one person, whereas the list is hundreds.

Peter

Theo Jaspers wrote:
Peter,

I have ordered 50 ebox 2300 thin clients for my school in Brussels an
so I read you have setup sound on them with K12LTSP. Please could you
briefly describe me step by step what to do to get sound working ?

Thank you,

Theo Jaspers
ICT-coördinator
Sint-Pieterscollege Jette