[K12OSN] State of Centos Based k12ltsp

Brian Chivers brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Mon Jun 11 13:41:41 UTC 2007

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:47:41 +0100, Brian Chivers wrote
>> I've about to setup a k12ltsp box to have play with but I'd like to use the
>> version based on CentOS to keep in line with all out other servers. Looking on
>>
>> ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/5.0.0-EL-32bit/iso
>>
>> It would appear that these are based on CentOS 5 but file names of
>>
>>   K12LTSP-5.0.0EL-32bit-TEST4-disc1.iso
>>
>> worry me slightly, well the TEST4 bit actually :-)
>>
>> Is it OK to install these on a server that might be used in anger by students
>> or would it be better to stick with the older version ??
>
> Eric Harrison says that it is basically ready to release except for a few minor bugs and
> that it should be very safe to use in a production environment.

OK I've fallen at the first hurdle :-(

It would appear that
ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/5.0.0-EL-32bit/iso/K12LTSP-5.0.0EL-32bit-TEST4-disc1.iso

Is corrupt as when I try to install the installer errors out asking for disk -99 :-) and looking at
the ISO it's only 173198 KB.

Could someone point me in the right direction for the correct iso or does it need to be re uploaded ?

Thanks
Brian