Re: [K12OSN] State of Centos Based k12ltsp

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:47:41 +0100, Brian Chivers wrote
I've about to setup a k12ltsp box to have play with but I'd like to use the version based on CentOS to keep in line with all out other servers. Looking on

ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/5.0.0-EL-32bit/iso

It would appear that these are based on CentOS 5 but file names of

  K12LTSP-5.0.0EL-32bit-TEST4-disc1.iso

worry me slightly, well the TEST4 bit actually :-)

Is it OK to install these on a server that might be used in anger by students or would it be better to stick with the older version ??

Eric Harrison says that it is basically ready to release except for a few minor bugs and
that it should be very safe to use in a production environment.

OK I've fallen at the first hurdle :-(

It would appear that ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/5.0.0-EL-32bit/iso/K12LTSP-5.0.0EL-32bit-TEST4-disc1.iso

Is corrupt as when I try to install the installer errors out asking for disk -99 :-) and looking at the ISO it's only 173198 KB.

Could someone point me in the right direction for the correct iso or does it need to be re uploaded ?

Thanks
Brian

the views of Portsmouth College