[K12OSN] should 'yum install fl_teachertool' actually install the latest version?

This is a question for Robert & Eric, but I'm posting it to the list for archival purposes.

I installed K12LTSP 6 last night on a new box. It comes with fl_teachertool version 0.34. According to Robert's page, running 'yum install fl_teachertool' should update it to the latest version, which I think is currently 0.41. However, the latest version in the yum repo is still only 0.34, so one does not get the latest version. Recalling earlier discussion on the matter, I used this link to get the 0.41-2 rpm, courtesy of Eric as I recall:

http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP/testing/RPMS/fl_teachertool-0.41-2.k12ltsp.6.0.0.i386.rpm

Is this the standard procedure, or is there a simpler way that I've just forgotten?

Peter