Re: [K12OSN] passwords

If I understand you correctly, you can use autologins, in which each terminal has an assigned login ID, and users don't have to worry about logging in.

http://k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/A_more_complete_How-To_for_setting_up_autologin_of_clients_using_Gnome_%26_GDM

Peter

Paul Karrel wrote:
hi I am looking for away to have the clients login based on the harware
address of their terminal. There are 12 computers tin our lab and there
is no need to specific user account just generic ones would suffice.  Is
sdm the only way? Would there be another search term to use?

Paul Karrel
705 2771082
Trent university