Re: [K12OSN] should 'yum install fl_teachertool' actually install the latest version?

Lucky that I'm still using 2.0 then ;)
Will be upgrading to 7.0 this month though, FINALLY! Yay!

--Huck

Robert Arkiletian wrote:
On 6/11/07, Peter Scheie <peter scheie homedns org> wrote:
This is a question for Robert & Eric, but I'm posting it to the list for
archival purposes.

I installed K12LTSP 6 last night on a new box.  It comes with
fl_teachertool version 0.34.  According to Robert's page, running 'yum
install fl_teachertool' should update it to the latest version, which I
think is currently 0.41.  However, the latest version in the yum repo is
still only 0.34, so one does not get the latest version.  Recalling
earlier discussion on the matter, I used this link to get the 0.41-2
rpm, courtesy of Eric as I recall:

http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP/testing/RPMS/fl_teachertool-0.41-2.k12ltsp.6.0.0.i386.rpm

Is this the standard procedure, or is there a simpler way that I've just
forgotten?

I think Eric is so busy he has just not gotten around to updating the
rpm. I hope RedHat/Fedora is able to pick up some of the load of
K12LTSP soon. I think it's too much for any one person. (As talented
as Eric is, he doesn't scale well by adding more RAM;)  I think he is
now almost trying to support 10 versions of K12LTSP.

5.0 32&64 (although I think this one is about to be unsupported soon)
6.0 32&64
4.2xEL 32&64
7.0 32&64
5.0EL 32&64

This is too much for any one person especially if they already have a
day job. Sorry for the rant.