[K12OSN] K12LTSP 6 server requirement

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Mon Jun 11 21:50:56 UTC 2007

I usually put /var on a separate partition, for exactly the reason you
state.  But on my smallish systems, it's usually 1 to 5 GB in size.  And my
/ is usually 5 to 10 GB (my partition sizes have been growing lately,
since large disks are so cheap).

I also make a point of creating one or more empty paritions.  Typically
I use one of them for / on my next distro installation.  That way I
don't have to overwrite a known good installation with one that might
not work right away.

-Rob