Re: [K12OSN] Vacation?

Shawn Powers wrote:
> This has probably been discussed before, but I've always disliked
> vacation auto replies...
>
> My principals are not working this summer, and I need to set up auto
> replies for their emails.  Is there a preferred method to do that?  I
> see the old standard vacation program is a thing of the past, but I'm
> not sure the proper way to do it now.  Ideally, I'd like NOT to reply to
> mailing lists, etc.

Shawn I am just like you, I have never liked the vacation messages.  A
friend at MTU swears by procmail though and always used procmail to do his.

Not *his* solution but a google'd solution for procmail and vacation
notices.

http://www.clarkconnect.com/wiki/index.php?title=Howtos_-_Procmail_Vacation_Auto-Reply_Recipe

Claims to be mailing list friendly.

Scott