Von: informatik steinerschule-basel ch
An: "Support list for open source software in schools." <k12osn redhat com>
Betreff: Re: [K12OSN] Firefox crashes
Datum: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:38:35 +0200

> I've got zero problems with the page. I'm on firefox 1.5.0.10 k12ltsp 6
> and I did it with both a via and i810 chipset. I didn't see it in
> how much memory do your clients have? What screen resolution are you
> running?
>
> 800x600 generally needs at least 64mb of ram
> 1024x768 will need 128mb to browse a variety of javascript and flash
> sites.
> My clients had at least 128mb.
>
> regards,
> William
I can confirm that: k12ltsp 6, firefox 1.5, 1280x1024x15 screen, booted
from pxe
(and same behaviour with firefox 2 on k12ltsp 7).

With 64 MB RAM even a page just with images crashes firefox
(<a href=http://www.alp-tschingla.ch,>http://www.alp-tschingla.ch,</a>open
section "Bilder").

With 128 MB RAM the same page works.

So maybe the hardware requirements for the clients should be updated
because nowadays many people use a screen resolution bigger than
800x600 pixels.

Christian