[K12OSN] [OT] PXE from Windows2003?

John Lucas mrjohnlucas at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 11:38:18 UTC 2007

On Thursday 14 June 2007 22:31, Sudev Barar wrote:
> Apologies for such a topic but collective wisdom on this list makes it
> great place to get pointers and advise.
>
> Is it possible for thin clients that are PXE cabable
> (EBox2300/MicroJr/VortexEV301) to boot straight off Windows2003
> server? I can do rdesktop but the particular situation demands such a
> solution.

Which operating system do you wish them to boot?

It should be possible to support a TFTP and NFS services on Win2K3 and boot
LTSP with rdesktop pointed back to the Windows server (running Windows
Terminal Services), or if there is an LTSP server on the same net they could
use XDMCP or LDM to connect.

If you want them to boot Windows, I think you are out of luck.

                        - Mark Twain

| John Lucas                          MrJohnLucas at gmail.com               |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802                http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/ |
| 18.3°N, 65°W                        AST (UTC-4)                         |