[K12OSN] Fwd: DVD not working on server

Krsnendu,

 Take a known good "factory" made DVD video and see if it plays correctly
in your DVD player. This tells you that your DVD is "functioning". (Even
if it does not play, you should be able to see the contents of the DVD).
If this plays OK,,,then I would say you have -(miuns) dvd-r -rw media and
you need +(plus) dvd media or visa versa. If this is an older DVD
recorder i'll bet this is the culprit. Borrow some DVD  R RW from someone
else and see if their dvd's will at least be recognized.
 If the factory made DVD ( Video) does not work I'd say for whatever
reason, your DVD recorder unit is toast :(.
Hope this makes sense.

Take Care,

Barry Cisna